Palestine Israel Network

Justice is Love in Action

Where PIN Stands

JVP Rabbinical Council's Support for Presbyterian Selective Divestment

An Open Letter to The Presbyterian Church (USA) from the Jewish Voice for Peace Rabbinical Council We write to you as members of the Jewish Voice for Peace Rabbinical Council to encourage your efforts to initiate phased selective divestment from corporations which profit from or support Israel’s occupation of the West Bank.  We applaud your […]

Read More
BDS: Abunimah, Woolsey and Shanzer

These articles were printed in the Philadelphia Inquirer 01/29/12 Point Counterpoint: Aim to promote human rights of the Palestinians. By Ali Abunimah READER FEEDBACK I am coming to the University of Pennsylvania this week to incite violence against the State of Israel - pro-Israel groups and commentators have contended - and, along with hundreds of […]

Read More
God Is In This Place

by Rabbi Alissa Wise This sermon was given Sunday, January 23, 2012 at St. Johns Presbyterian Church in San Francisco. Many thanks to St. Johns for the invitation and exceptionally warm welcome. The ideas within are in part thanks to the good thinking of JVPers who came before me and the work I did with […]

Read More
Jim Flowers: Of Middle Eastern Matters

Jim Flowers is the rector of All Saints Episcopal Church in Mobile, Alabama.  This article appeared in his parish newsletter for the fourth Sunday after Epiphany.  With leadership from Ed LaMonte he is also sponsoring a study group of the Episcopal edition of Steadfast Hope: The Palestinian Quest for Just Peace. From the Rector: Of […]

Read More
'Zionism Has Run Its Course': Ruth Dayan and Rula Jebreal

This article first appeared in the 14 November, 2011 issue of Newsweek Byline: Rula Jebreal These startling words were uttered last week in Tel Aviv by 95-year-old Ruth Dayan, widow of one of Israel's founding fathers Elegantly dressed and perfectly made up, Ruth Dayan, 95, receives me with a wide smile in her Tel Aviv […]

Read More
Jews/Christians and Israel/Palestine: Rediscovering the Prophetic

by Rabbi Brant Rosen, Jewish Reconstructionist Congregation, Evanston, IL.  You may also follow Brant on his blog at http://rabbibrant.com/ Here is the sermon that I delivered yesterday (January 15, 2012) at St. James Episcopal Cathedral in Chicago. If you would like a copy of "Steadfast Hope," the study guide published by the Episcopal Peace Fellowship […]

Read More
A 2012 Epiphany message from Jim Lewis

Well, so that is that. Now we must dismantle the tree, putting the decorations back into their cardboard boxes. That’s how W. H. Auden ends his Christmas Oratorio. And we know he is right because Christmas trees have been dismantled, the crèche has been stored, Santa is gone from the mall, and we are left […]

Read More
An Evangelical Response to Mr. Gingrich

Dear Mr. Gingrich, Warmest regards and best wishes to you and your family during this holiday season. Allow me to remind you that recently you said in an interview with the Jewish Channel: "Remember there was no Palestine as a state. It was part of the Ottoman Empire. And I think that we've had an […]

Read More
The Bethlehem Call, December 13, 2011

The Bethlehem Call:  Here we stand – Stand with us To the reader: Read and interpret this text with a Kairos consciousness and gaze of prophetic anger. Preamble How long, O God, will they steal our livelihood? Oppress, imprison and humiliate our people? Deprive our children of their childhood?  Indeed how long, God, will the […]

Read More
Rashid Khalidi's Interview Reported in Haaretz

Published 11:55 05.12.11 Leading Palestinian intellectual: We already have a one-state solution Columbia Professor Rashid Khalidi says nobody believes firing rockets is resistance that will liberate Palestine or that talking with the U.S. will deliver a just and lasting solution. By Chemi Shalev Tags: Hamas Palestinians Hamas and the Palestinian Authority should unite, unequivocally renounce […]

Read More
Come visit Israel. Before it's gone. Bradley Burston

Blogs A Special Place in Hell by Bradley Burston Come visit Israel. Before it's gone. You're going to have to hurry. By Bradley Burston   15/11/11 I have a nephew who's never seen Israel. I have young cousins, and friends and children of friends, who have never been here, but who have long wanted to come […]

Read More
I Woke Up This Morning with Freedom on My Mind: Clarence B. Jones

Last month I was invited as a guest to a reunion of former Assistant and Deputy Attorneys General from the Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department during the presidencies of John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson. Pulitzer-Prize-winning civil rights historian Taylor Branch and civil rights activists Julian Bond and Robert Moses also attended. […]

Read More
Palestine Israel Network | Copyright © 2022 All Rights Reserved
2045 West Grand Ave, Suite B #40058, Chicago, IL 60612-1577
312-922-8628 
epfpin@epfnational.org
LOGIN
chevron-down linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram