To establish a network dedicated to a more robust Episcopal Church witness for justice and peace for our Palestinian and Israeli brothers and sisters for the purposes of responding to
• The promise made in our baptismal covenant to “ … strive for justice and peace among all people, and respect the dignity of every human being”;
• The call of Palestinian Civil Society for Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions against Israel until it complies with International Law and Universal Principles of Human Rights; and
• The prayerful call of Palestinian Christians expressed in the Kairos Palestine Document.
We believe the Episcopal Church can and should play a vital role in seeking justice and peace for Palestinians and Israelis. We believe that without justice, there will be no lasting peace which both people deserve.
PIN invites all Episcopalians to commit to active engagement in the quest for just peace in Palestine and Israel through PRAYER, STUDY, and ACTION.
We encourage prayer undertaken individually, in community with parish and/or other local organizations and initiatives pursuing common goals, and in response to petitions or requests such as the Sabeel Wave of Prayer and Kairos USA.
We encourage study and education through
• witness trips to Israel/Palestine;
• study and familiarity with the Kairos Palestine Document; and study and familiarity with the publications Steadfast Hope and Zionism Unsettled.
We encourage action in
• supporting the Palestinian community, their congregations and institutions;
• supporting efforts to disengage and divest from companies that profit from the Israeli occupation;
• supporting efforts to introduce resolutions at diocesan and general conventions to pursue financial divestment;
• supporting the non-violent resistance of the Palestinian people to the occupation; and
• encouraging partnerships with other organizations, groups, and initiatives that seek just peace through non-violent means.