EPF Young Adult Network
Join this group and be in touch with other young adults who care about Peace and Justice and are doing something about it.
Convener: Michael Kurth email@example.com
A key part of the Episcopal Peace Fellowship’s mission is to form the newest generation of peace and justice leaders in the church. Alongside the following programs, young adults currently comprise more than half of EPF’s board.
Young Adult Network Ambassadors is a new opportunity for young adults ages 18-30 to work for peace in their communities while joining with the larger EPF movement through pilgrimages, retreats and leadership positions.
Ambassadors will be chosen through an application process December 2015 through January 2016. In early 2016, Ambassadors will join EPF’s Young Adult Network in a leadership role, both locally and nationally. At the local level, Ambassadors will help operate the Network’s social media channels, and will keep a keen eye for actions and initiatives taking place in their own communities. Later on in the year, Ambassadors will help network directors host a retreat or Urban Pilgrimage to be offered to the whole community.
- COMMUNITY BUILDING Get involved in community building through local movements, EPF events and curating our social media presence.
- LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES Help EPF plan and lead retreats, Urban Pilgrimages and our presence at the 2018 General Convention.
- NETWORK GROWTH Grow your personal network amongst young adults, peacemakers, priests and bishops.
EPF’s 2012 Young Adult Delegation at General Convention recruited and trained a cohort of young adults to attend General Convention as participants, witnesses and advocates for a vibrant, engaged church. As in 2006 and 2009, the members of EPF’s Young Adult Presence write resolutions, testify, volunteer and make themselves known all around.
- Click here for an Episcopal News Story on the 2009 EPF Young Adult Presence at General Convention.
- Click here to read the 2009 EPF Young Adult Presence’s Blog.
EPF’s 2015 Young Adult Urban Pilgrimage Program operates at multiple sites around the country and engages with issues such as homelessness and immigration by bringing participants face-to-face with individuals who struggle daily with these problems, as well as with the professionals who serve them. The Urban Pilgrimage experience of witness and examination empowers young adults to take action in their own communities on issues of poverty and injustice.
- Click here to learn more about the Young Adult Urban Pilgrimages.
- Click here to learn more about the 2011 Young Adult Pilgrimages which took place in Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY and Austin, TX.