Applications are now closed for GC 2015.
General Convention is the official decision making body of the Episcopal Church. When it is in session it is the largest, democratically elected governing body in the world. What happens there matters. Most dioceses ensure that they have balanced representation among clergy and lay people. Less than five percent of elected deputies are under the age of 30.The Young Adult Initiative is about creating a space so that the voice of those under 30 can be heard.
It is an intense experience. We will spend the entire 11 days of General Convention advocating for the issues we are passionate about.
As a member of this delegation you will have many opportunities:
- See first hand how the Episcopal Church makes decisions church wide;
- Advocate for legislation you want passed by testifying in front of various committees;
- Create legislation and then seek out sponsors to make your idea into church policy;
- Network with people throughout the Episcopal Church;
- Blog daily about your experiences at Convention;
If you want to participate as a member of the Young Adult Initiative come prepared to work. We are not coming to Convention for a vacation or to simply be the token young faces. We are coming to advocate for peace and justice issues that affect the entire Church. We are coming to convention to make a difference in the future of the Episcopal Church.
These 11 days will change the way you experience the Church and how you see your own ability to impact the future.
Applications are due March 1, 2015.
Have questions? Contact email@example.com or call 312-922-8628.